Ruby Hammer's Top Tips
Friday, 14 March 2014
Ruby's Top Tips
1. Even out skin - You don’t’ have to use a heavy foundation to even out skin tone. There are so many great products so explore and experiment with - either a tinted moisturiser such as CC or BB cream with added sun protection.
2. Use an eyelash curler to make eyes look wider - Although they may look a bit daunting, eyelash curlers are the best way to open eyes in an instant, it just takes 30 seconds. Invest in a good quality one like Laura Mercier and Tweezerman. Squeeze onto the lashes before applying mascara and always use a mirror.
3. Follow a simple cleansing regime - Start off with clean hands and any cleanser of your choice. Warm it up in your hands and then start off at your décolleté, gently moving upwards in circular strokes to dissolve all impurities. Don’t drag the skin downwards and; use firm, gentle movements under the chin and spend longer on problem areas.
4. Exfoliate once or twice a week –depending on your skin type, use an exfoliator once a week for drier skin, and twice a week for oily skin type. Cleanse skin first, use circular gentle movements and wash off with water.
5. Face mask - Treat your skin with a weekly face mask. Face masks offer a wide range of skin care benefits in one easy application. First exfoliate and cleanse your skin, then choose a face mask of your choice from clarifying, hydrating, cleansing or pore refining for a more intense treatment for your skin.
6. Brow shaping - Brows have been on the beauty radar for the past 2 years. There are lots of tools to choose from colour shaping gels, felt tip pens, pencils and powders. The key is to go for the same colour as your brow and start from the nose and follow the arch or create one if you don’t have one. Concentrate on the outer edge and shape of the brow, but never focus on the middle as this area will create too much a bushy look.
7. Achieve a radiant glow - Pick areas you want to draw attention to as highlighter catches the light. Never apply to the entire face and blend it evenly. Add a touch under the brow, top of the cheek bone, bridge of nose and the cupid bow, (the space between your nose and upper lip) and/or in the corner of the eye.
8. Must have every day tool - Every women needs q tips either fine pointed or rounded, these are the best tools to help repair smudges and even out mistakes so you don’t have to take all off and start again.
9. Hydrate skin from within - Udo’s Choice Ultimate Oil Blend is a blend of organic seed oils containing the skin-loving essential fatty acids which can help keep skin radiant and hydrated from within. I enjoy mine in smoothies or drizzled over salads. I also aim to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to keep my skin hydrated.
Posted by Udo's Choice for Beauty on Friday, March 14, 2014